Tuesday, July 31, 2007

VOTE FOR ELLE!

I just wrote the title for this post and laughed out loud. And then I realized I may be the only person who even recalls this random movie line.

Let me explain. It is from Legally Blonde. Stage: It is Elle's first trial representing fitness ("expert?") Brooke Taylor in a murder trial. Two of Elle's somewhat ditzy sorority sisters come to watch her trial. When they walk in, it goes a little something like this. First sorority girl: Elle, we came to see your trial and look! There's like a judge and everything... and jury people. Second sorority girl: VOTE FOR ELLE! Then they are immediately hushed by the judge.

The reason for the title is because I just entered a competition called Blog For A Year. At first I thought it was a great idea. Me being a new blogger, needing all the encouragement I can get. But, what I didn't take into account was the whole self-promotion thing. I used to think it would be so romantic to be a fine artist, until I thought of the whole self-promotion aspect of it. I could never stand in front of an audience and talk about myself and my work. I would die. I am an introvert. I am not saying there is anything wrong with it. I enjoy going to artist lectures a lot and wish I went to more. But, for me...wow. I am feeling a little panicky just writing about it.

So, what do I do? Enter a competition where I have to promote myself. So here is my attempt. Vote for Elle! I mean me. Thanks.

1 comment:

Rambler said...

There you go, my votes for you, anything for a new blogger :)